The Chicago Passport Office page overview. We are proud to assist all U.S. citizens in securing the information they need as quickly as possible. Please read all sections below so you are well prepared to work with the Chicago Passport Office. If you need an emergency passport and will be traveling internationally in the next 14 days or you need to obtain a foreign visa in the next 30 days, you are eligible to schedule an appointment with proof of international travel. Chicago Passport Agency same day service is available if you are traveling in less than eight days. The agency will determine based on your documented travel plans when the passport will be ready for pickup. Will call (pickup) service is offered for life or death emergencies and urgent international travel. If you have an emergency and cannot secure an appointment at this agency, we recommend using a Registered Courier Service to obtain your U.S. passport in time for travel. They charge an additional service fee on top of the government fee. Registered Courier Service can secure a U.S. Passport in as little as 24 hours if needed. Get your fast passport now.
Table of Contents
- 1 Chicago Passport Agency Walk-In Location
- 2 Hours of Operation:
- 3 Appointments Required:
- 4 Expediting Fee:
- 5 Make an Appointment at The Chicago Passport Office
- 6 What You Should Bring to Your Appointment
- 7 Need Help Getting Started?
- 8 Tips For When Arriving at The Chicago Passport Office
- 9 Driving Directions, Parking Info, and Public Transportation.
Chicago Passport Agency Walk-In Location
Kluczynski Federal Building, 230 S. Dearborn Street, 18th Floor, Chicago, ILL 60604-1564
Hours of Operation:
8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday
10:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Thursday,
Excluding Federal Holidays
There is no charge to make an appointment at Chicago Passport Agency and customers should not pay any business or anyone making such a charge.
In addition to application fees, there is a $60 expediting fee when applying at Buffalo Passport Agency.
Make an Appointment at The Chicago Passport Office
Call 24/7 for an Appointment 1-877-487-2778
What You Should Bring to Your Appointment
- Appointment Confirmation Number
- Proof of Travel (Must provide copy of your travel itinerary or other proof of international travel).
- Payment (check, major credit card, cash or money order in the exact amount).
- Proof of Citizenship
- Valid Identification
Need Help Getting Started?
US Passport Support can help you find what forms, documents, and fees you need to bring to your schedule appointment.
Tips For When Arriving at The Chicago Passport Office
- Arrive early and allow yourself some extra time to pass through building security screening and metal detectors. (No weapons are prohibited)
- Take elevator to 18th floor.
- Check-in at Information Desk. Present your appointment number or Social Security number to verify your appointment.
- Receive your number, Please be seated, and wait for your number to be called.
- When your number is called go to your designated window. A passport specialist will check your forms and supporting documents.
- Please Note: Wait times may vary. Please take in account that you may not be called exactly at your appointment time.
Driving Directions, Parking Info, and Public Transportation.