Table of Contents
DS-82 Passport Renewal Application Form:
The passport renewal application form DS-82 Application Form is used when renewing a United States Passport that is expired or near the expired date for no more than five (5) years beyond the expiration date on the passport. Only passports issued to adults (16 and older) can be renewed. A Child Passport (issued 15 and younger) cannot be renewed and is considered a new passport each time until the applicant is 16 or older.
Questions on the DS-82 Application:
It is imperative to complete the DS-82 Passport Renewal Application as thoroughly as possible, so you avoid having your passport rejected by the U.S. Department Of State.
- Full name and correct spelling
- Social security information
- Parents information
- Marriage/Divorce information
- Descriptive date age, height, sex, eye color
- Emergency contacts
- Travel information
- DS-82 Application Form
- Previously issued valid passport
- 2 photos (size 2 x 2)
- Money order or check paid to the US Dept of State
- Copy of Itinerary (Tickets, Hotel reservation, Company letter with letterhead)
- Expedite service requires that you are traveling within (14) days International
- Non-expedite service fee adult = $110
- Non-expedite service for passport book and card fee = $140
- An expedite service fee = $170
- An expedited service for passport book and card fee = $200
Complete DS-82 Passport Renewal Application:
There are two options when completing your passport renewal application. You can choose to complete the form online with the government’s online form wizard, or you can choose to download a hard copy of the application form to complete by hand. We offer our users both options.
- Download the DS-82 Form or Complete the DS-82 Form Online
- Download the form directly from the State Department if our link does not work:
Where to Apply:
There are many options to apply for a passport renewal. Please visit our where to apply section for more details on processing options and turnaround times.
Q. Can I renew my child’s passport?
A: No. The child passport cannot be renewed. It is considered a new child passport application each time until the applicant is 16 or older. Once the applicant is 16 or older, they can apply for a new adult passport.
Q: Do i need to have 6 months of passport validity on my passport?
A: Yes it is recommend to have at least 6 months of passport validity on your U.S. Passport Renewal